It is the beginning of a new year and the perfect time to reflect on the way you lead. As you move forward into 2022, let’s make sure you are thinking about being strategic in your leadership.
Today Victoire de Lajudie joins Deepa to discuss – what is a strategic leader exactly and how do you keep your strategy alive throughout the year.
Victoire’s tips for being a strategic leader:
- Being a leader is being strategic. Make sure you think about your strategy before diving into a project.
- Leaders should: learn fast, fail fast, and have empathy.
- Learning includes curiosity and pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone.
- A mission can be short–term. The most important piece is for everyone to know and stay connected to why they are working on the project.
- Creating a vision needs a team, it is a collective responsibility.
- Dream big and don’t get stuck wondering “how”.
- Ask questions to keep your organization on track for culture change and strategy.
- Challenge the stories and assumptions that run your organization.
- Vulnerability is needed for connection and connection fuels collective work.
What practices do you put into place to reflect on your goals? Do you write in your journal or have an accountability partner? Remember being a strategic leader does not end in January – keep going throughout the year.
We hope you liked this episode! Please feel free to connect with Victoire and Deepa through LinkedIn to continue the conversation.
Victoire de Lajudie is VP, Head of Group Strategy at Michelin. She previously worked with Sanofi and McKinsey. She has a Master of Science, Applied Mathematics & Economics from Ecole Polytechnique.