Is your organization looking to build and sustain an innovative growth culture? What is holding you back from fully embracing this change?
Today Deepa speaks with Tobias Klein about the essential shift organizations and senior leaders need to make this culture change happen. It is not sufficient enough to only build an organization with knowledge and expertise. So what else is needed?
Tobias’ Tips for Making the Essential Shift:
- It’s time to take a look at the inner game of leadership.
- Cultivating a culture of failure is key. The point is not about failure, it is about how you move forward from the failure.
- Organizations need to take a look at how they measure success and how they reward their employees.
- Societal norms have set us up to have to finish what we start – but it is necessary to evaluate when is it time for something to stop, to come to an end.
- You cannot do everything at once, everything cannot be the priority.
- The top level leadership should take the time to ask and listen to their bottom levels.
- Empower the younger employees to be creative and innovative. Don’t be afraid of trying new things.
- Critically look at your recruiting approach. What values are you looking for and what is missing from your current team? It’s important to have shared values.
- Everybody is better than you at one thing. This is a great way to embrace and include everyone on your team.
We hope you liked this episode! Let us know – what are the values that your leadership team shares? When was the last time you spoke about your organization’s values? It’s so important to be on the same page.
Please feel free to connect with Tobias and Deepa through LinkedIn to continue the conversation.
Tobias Klein is a Chief People & Culture Officer at SEBA Bank. He has full accountability for building, maintaining and continuously improving the entire HR Life Cycle. He has implemented objectives and key results as one of the 1st financial institutions in Switzerland. He believes to win the marketplace, you have to first win the workplace.
Thanks for listening and stay cool!
Visit the show website at (https://meetmypotential.com)
Follow Deepa on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepanatarajan/)