What is needed to make a transformation in your organization? What’s the difference between working with individuals and groups when trying to make a successful change? What is easy to forget when working with organizations and change?
Join Reshma Ramachandran and I as we discuss transformation – what is hard about it, how it changes from individual to a group and what are the key ingredients to make it successful.
Key Points from this Episode:
- Human beings naturally do not like change.
- Change requires us to get out of our comfort zone.
- Every change makes you a better person.
- Organizations are not inanimate objects. Organizations are like humans- they have emotions, egos, ambitions and desires.
- You don’t try to change individuals; you create change agents.
- When making change, it is most important for the leader to change first. Walk the talk from the top down.
- Build trust by giving trust
- Speed is never at the cost of trust.
- There is no finishing line for transformation.
- Change has to become part of the DNA of the company.
- Change cannot be at the cost of the team.
- Challenge your thoughts and bring out your biases, then put the facts next to your biases.
- Life is what you make of it. We all have choices but we must be willing to accept the consequences of the choice. Change the narrative – can I accept this consequence?
Reshma Ramachandran is the Vice President of Hitachi ABB Power Grids. She grew up in rural India without access to reliable power, clean drinking water and other basic needs, her purpose to empower people to believe they have the power to choose and to enable people to go beyond their self-limiting beliefs has shaped Reshma’s journey as a business leader over the last two decades.
I hope you liked this episode! Please rate and leave a comment on the podcast. If you’d like to dig more into transformation and how to make the sustainable change you need to become the leader you desire to be, come watch my masterclass! You can find it here.