What if perfectionism was dead? What would that give you? What would be present for you? What would society and organisations look like if perfectionism didn’t exist?
In recent months, we have had to change so much and pivot in ways we may not have known were options. Have we let go of our perfectionist ways? I don’t know for sure, but let’s take a moment to ask ourselves what our perfectionism may be holding us back from. Ask yourself – What else is needed from me at this time and am I too caught up in getting it perfect?
Key Points from this Episode:
- It is common for High Achievers to be perfectionists! We want to get it right all the time.
- We can be so forgiving of others’ errors. It is time to start being more accepting of our own errors.
- One of the consequences of perfectionism is that it slows everything down.
- Listen to a real life example of how one company was able to see how their products were working for their customers and hear the question they took back to their CEO to implement in future product releases.
- Get ready to be honest with yourself about your work and ask “What is the minimal viable product?”
- Our world is always changing. If you want to stay innovative and be a shape shifter, you need to let go of your perfectionism.
I hope you liked this show! Here is another show where I go more into the limits of perfectionism. Please leave the show a review and comment how you are letting go of perfectionism.